- The front parlor has been totally cleaned, including each and every individual piece of antiquity, and the black baby grand has been tuned.
- The library has been cleared and rearranged... and cleaned.
- The dining room has been cleared of all the Brown_County_Art, cleaned, and selectively had its antiquities rearranged.
- The back parlor has had all of its bookcases cleared of chachkies and replaced with, well... books... and cleaned.
- The kitchen... cleared and cleaned.
- The laundry room/powder room has had a nice treatment of Kenneth_Reeve hanging art added to its walls... and cleaned.
And I hope that if you are not able to drop-in on The 602 this Christmas season, that all of the work that has gone into it recently will remain as is. (I can only hope.)
The reasons for all the 'to-do' are two fold... On Saturday, we will be having our first ever Open House. It is for our friends and neighbors, Ron and Leigh Linton, who will be having a jewelry show. They are fine artisans in precious metals and stones, and we have thought of hosting a show for them for quite some time. It is also a way for us to be motivated to get our house 'guest-ready'.
Then on the following weekend, my family will be gathering here to celebrate our Christmas. It will be the first time I have hosted my family Christmas in several years. The last time, Rachel and I were still married, and Luke had just been born less than a month prior. Needless to say, my circumstances have changed drastically since then, and I am very excited to be able to welcome my own flesh and blood into a home full of warmth and love.
I've got a lot more to do, so I'd better get crackin'!!!! I'll post pictures as I can.