Friday, March 06, 2009

A Lazy Friday

I'm at work alone today. My only co-worker is off, and I am here by my lonesome. It's quiet, 'cept for the XM radio in the back room. I have case-work to do for a dentist in Arkadelphia, but I have no will to get 'on it' today.

I've become slower to blog lately, too. I guess I should just give a few updates about what is going on in my life and around The 602:

*Charles moved in with us a couple of months ago... a result of his breakup with his bi-polar girlfriend. He ended up having to bring along his 500 year old beagle... "Betty".

*Betty smells like a beagle.

*Betty bit my foot yesterday.

*The 602 now has 6 residents: 3 men, 2 Scotties, and 1 Betty.

*I've been walking diligently since giving up on P90X... I will start that program again, but only after I've lost more weight. All the jumping around killed my knees, hips and ankles. Lately, I've been walking The Promenade behind Bathhouse Row every day after work, making the mile-long circle 3 times.

*One of my Great-Aunts keeled over last night. She's one of the last I still have. I bet my Mom and all her sisters will go to her funeral. She lived in Palm Springs.

*I would love to go to Palm Springs... but I don't want it to be for a funeral.

*Joe is looking for another job, while I have decided to keep the one I've got.

*Joe and I have finally worked out a financial plan for the next few years, which puts my mind more at ease than it has been in a very, very long time. (We are working to be totally debt-free in the next couple of years!)

*My convertible Cadillac Eldorado, Esmerelda, will soon be getting a complete makeover and rebuild. ...look out, streets of Hot Springs!

No comments: