Friday, July 13, 2007

Dad, Mom...Meet Joe

It happens today. A two hour drive to my childhood home. Joe and my parents get to meet for the first time. He does want to make a good first impression, but he's not very nervous. I'm glad, as there's no reason to be. My parents are very low key, and even though this will be the first time they've been introduced to their son's same-gendered mate, they will just be the good natured folk that they are. I'm fortunate that way, as Joe apparently severed ties with his own parental coupling for five years, out of disagreement over lifestyle. Okay... the disagreement was 100% with his mother, but you know how those things can go.

Joe asked if he could make a carrot cake to take with, which is fine. Actually, I'd rather he make one to keep at home for once...

5 comments:

Tony said...

Ah, meeting the in-laws! It can be nerve-wracking...I hope it goes/went well!

tankmontreal said...

Please let us know how it went. I think the carrot cake was a fine touch, but I imagine even carrot cake's powers are limited. We never know, do we?

Anonymous said...

Carrot cake? I have calculated that you have to walk an additional 14 miles to counteract one piece.
Please let us know how it went.

Mike said...

Carrot cake is something special for my partner and me. Early in our relationship, I made one to take to a potluck. It only got a 1/4 eaten, so I took the rest home. The next morning, I heard him peek into the fridge, and he exclaimed "Carrot cake! Yay!"

Carrot cake is a good thing.
Hope things go well with the parents.

BigAssBelle said...

mmmmmm . . . carrot cake. sure to win the affections of anyone, anywhere, anytime. brilliant joe.